The Foyer Foundation Limited is charitable foundation established in 2008 to raise funds and advocate for the development and quality of Youth Foyers in Australia.
Similar to the Foyer Federation in the UK, the Foyer Foundation in Australia was established to coordinate the development of Foyers within our local context.
That all young people in Australia have the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
The Foyer Foundation promotes the concept of Youth Foyers. It supports the development of an Australian and New Zealand network of high-quality, locally based integrated projects bringing together a range of services specifically tailored to help individual young people discover and realise their aspirations.
The Foyer Foundation values:
- Young people and their aspirations
- Young people as key partners in the delivery of Foyers
- Outcomes based on evidence
- High quality, reflective practice
- Communities coming together to support young people to achieve their aspirations
- Innovation, persistence, flexibility and openness
The Foundation’s role is to:
- Promote Foyers across Australia
- Support the development of Foyers through collaborative partnerships
- License operators, provide advice and training, and ensure ongoing quality assurance
- Give voice to alienated young people.
Thank you to the following two partners who assisted in helping us get the Foyer Foundation up and running:
- Rotary Club of Canberra
- Thompson Playford Cutlers
- Chair – Keith Bryant, Principal, PSI Managers, NSW
- Ian Carter AM, CEO, Anglicare, Perth
- David Chesterton, JP, Tower Hamlets Labour Councillor, London and Chair Secure Foundation, United Kingdom
- Peter Hughes, President of the Rotary Club of Canberra
- Tony Keenan, CEO, Launch Housing, Melbourne
- Wendy Malycha, CEO, St John’s Youth Services, Adelaide
- Tony Saint, Partner, Thomson’s Lawyers, Adelaide
- Jane Slowey, CEO, Foyer Federation, United Kingdom